Monday 7 May 2012


Cornwall wins another food award.

Cornish Orchards uses its own fruit and apples grown elsewhere in the county
A cider producer from Cornwall has won the top award in a national competition.
Cornish Orchards Farmhouse at Duloe, near Liskeard, was awarded gold in the Campaign for Real Ale's national cider and perry championships at Reading.
Judges described the Duloe cider as a "very light, easy-drinking cider, packed with flavour".
Cornish Orchards has more than 15 acres at Westnorth Manor Farm planted up with some 1,300 trees.
The company uses fruit produced on the farm and also sources apples grown in other parts of Cornwall.

3 comments:

  1. The description of the cider sounds great. Their sales ought to increase with that endorsement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Cornwall for a few months years ago and i remember the cider being particularly good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, lovely to meet you. I popped on over after reading your comment on my latest post and wanted to thank you for stopping by and joining up. Well done Cornish Orchards Farmhouse! We have cider over here but it's not quite the same, non-alcoholic for one thing, not that that has anything to do with the price of apples, if you pardon the pun. It's just different and you always seem to enjoy what you always knew when you were young, like my husband who even though he is a Virginia boy, my mother-in-law came from New England originally and they visited family a lot when he was growing up, and according to him there is nothing better than a New England Milkshake :)

    Enough of the waffling. Did you know I lived in Devon before moving to the States? I wasn't sure if you had read my biography under our picture on the side bar. My family and I lived there from 1965 to 1975 and visited Cornwall many, many times. Gorgeous part of the country and we also visited Truro a lot. Anyhow, enough of my waffling on. I'm off to read more of your lovely blog and go check out your others too. Have a wonderful weekend. Denise x

    ReplyDelete